The following are some tips for writers when joining Linkedin.
- Use your own headshot and make sure it looks professional.
- Complete your profile. Mine was completed, but I had to update it for my graduate classes.
- Give thoughtful recommendations to receive them. Networking isn’t just about you, you have to be meaningful when you reach out.
- Search for Connection You Already Have. For instance, I know a director at Nickelodeon, which has led me to find new connections.
- Make Your Profile Easy to Find. You can do this by keeping the name you are using for your brand.
- Tailor Your Profile To Your Visitor: Think about what you want your target audience to see. Again, for class, I had to update my profile to display that I will be a screenwriter/creative writer. I’m freelancing on Fiverr.com.
- Brewster, Robert Lee. Guide to Literary Agents 2020. Writers Digest, 2019.