The weekend went by fast. So, I was dealing with anxiety yesterday. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and didn’t do much in the way of reading or writing yesterday. Today I tried getting back on track but…today was the first day of my new class, Writing for Games.
Okay, so I was lazy today, but I did come up with a new world for one of my assignments that I would like to explore. I also submitted my interactive game story as one of our other assignments.
I think to get better I need to state what my goals are. I’m behind on studying for the English Praxis, and officially two days behind on reading “The Help.”
Goals for tomorrow: 7/7/2020
Reading: 90 Minutes
- “The Help” pgs 55-126
- The Praxis, Reading: pg 1-5
- Tuskegee Heirs: Issue 1
Language Arts: 90 Minutes
- Japanese Lesson 2
- Grammar workbook: 2 pages
- Demon Slayer Episode 1
Writing: 90 Minutes
- Edit/Revise Caitlyn
- FoA: Decide on a novel or comic.
- Character designs: Head 2 Head, Aira
- Character designs: Favor of Athena, Paige
- Character design: Angel Protocol, Jasmine
Hope you are all doing terrific today!
I had a busy day, so I didn’t do much today. Spent time with my girlfriend and sketch a character for Blood Matters. I’m still watching Inazuma Eleven with my cousin, we have 10 episodes to go in the season. Picked up a new client who needs their GoFundMe page done, always exciting. Not ashamed, I knew this weekend was going to be light.
Hope you are all Terrific today!
The Help, pgs 19-50. My goal today was supposed to read up to page 36. The narrative became interesting so I ended up reading up to 50. This means I’m one day ahead of schedule. I’m going to start “journaling” on Goodreads and posting my review here.
I decided to focus on my Japanese lesson today. I learned the common question words (tango). Doku(where), naze (why), dare (who), itsu (when). I had fun trying to remember and I still haven’t committed them to memory yet, Looking for an anime series to watch, without English subtitles, while I learn.
I’m revising the concepts for the following projects:
- Favor of Athena (comic book): working on scene summaries
- Head to Head (video game): working on character designs and outline
- Angel Protocol (novel): working on the outline
- Blood Matters (novel): working on character designs
- Oreo (film): working on scene summaries
My goal is to officially start writing on Monday with the holiday weekend coming up, I’m not going to fool myself that I’m going to much writing. Then again, I did more today, than I thought I would. Right now, I’m trying to get myself into a routine where I’m reading, writing, and learning every day.
What have you worked on during this pandemic? Let me know below!
Hey, long time no see, I hope you are all terrific today!
I had a two-month sabbatical to focus on my schoolwork and figure out where am I going in my career. The pandemic caused me to be laid off. I still haven’t heard from my employer if they are bringing me back. My Fiverr is averaging a gig every two weeks, and I haven’t been writing.
Truth is, I procrastinated due to a lack of self-discipline and lapse into a perpetual cycle of doubt. There is a bright side though, and that bright side is that I believe I finally figured out my career path. I want to be an editor, preferably in the comic book industry, but I’m opened to all industries.
I’m sharpening my saw in the four dimensions of health as I pursue writing/editing as my career. This is the perfect time to do so because I’m five months away from graduating with a Master of Fine Art in Creative Writing from Full Sail University.
To improve myself as an editor and writer, I’m starting this brand new blog. For the past month, I have recorded videos on my journey with Full Sail and reaction videos to the anime, Bleach. I will start editing them once Christina Beckford and I finished the first season. I’m also dedicating at least 45 minutes to the following areas: reading, grammar, and writing.
I will also be sharing my insights of my spiritual and physical health journies. I’m thinking about putting up videos to help teach grammar and writing for children, but right now I have to focus on me, building my brand, and being happy.
- Reading: The Help by Kathryn Stockett pgs 1-11. The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge by Tony Dungy, July 1st devotional.
- Writing: Outline Issue 1 of Favor of Athena, worked on establishing the characters archetypes and designed two characters. I also completed the villain’s background story.
- Language Arts: Worked on grammar, I started learning Japenese lesson 1, and Spanish lesson 1.
- Completed my sprinting workout and 15 reps of pushups, crunches, back extensions, squats, calve raises, and dips.